Over the past month, you have been a busy boy. You have been learning so much and have been speaking new words and crawling has pretty much become a thing of the past. You are independent and love to explore new things.
Since last month, you have slowly regressed into fearing new people, especially adults. The adults that you know and see often are still welcomed with open arms, but the unfamiliar ones do not get a hug or a “hi” right away. You typically cling to my leg or Daddy’s leg and say “no” if they try to come too close.
On March 1, we dropped your last bottle; the night time bottle. We were surprised to see how unfazed you were to drop the bottle and just to enjoy brushing your teeth and going to bed without a hassle. You absolutely get the easy-going attitude from your father.
I have decided to make a list of things to compare each month to see how you have grown and to see how you progress each month, followed up with the Baby Center information on your growth.
15 Months Old on March 9, 2011
Clothing: You are wearing 18-24 months, and some things are 2T already!
Diapers: Still size 4 during the day and size 5 at night
Favorite foods: Oatmeal, waffles, pancakes, chicken, corn, Happy Tot pouches are a mega favorite, pasta, pizza, hamburger, pork, mashed potatoes, green beans, Cheerios, cheese, YoToddler yogurt, bagels, crackers, graham crackers, strawberries, blueberries, oranges, apples, pears
Favorite toys: You love the Fisher Price Farm with the animals, your Elmo toys, balls, dump truck, race car tracks, books, and pretty much anything with wheels. Oh, and your new Elmo doctor kit!!
You have learned to: Climb, go down a slide, crawl up on furniture, chase the dogs.
Words you are saying: No, hi, PopPop, bye bye, Mama, Daddy, Dada, Gee (Grammy), Wow…
Sleeping: You typically go to bed around 8pm and you usually sleep until 8:00 or 9:00 a.m.
Naps: You are getting close to dropping your morning nap completely. But you usually sleep for about 2 hours in the morning, or a 3 or 4 hour nap from around 11:00 a.m. until around 2 or 3. One thing you love is sleep!!!
Accomplishments: You can put all of the nesting cups together in order, you can stack things up to 3 or 4 items high, you are crawling up the steps, but not down, you will put the toys in the basket and follow simple directions if asked. Half of the time, you will come to me if you are called.
15 month appointment stats:
Weight: 23 pounds (25-50th percentile)
Height: 31.5 inches (75th percentile)
I am just so proud of you!!! I love watching you blossom into an individual and experience new things.
Here are the BabyCenter Milestone Stats:
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
• Plays with ball – You love playing with the soccer ball, beach ball, etc… You are able to throw it, kick it, push it and bounce it once.
• Uses three words regularly – You are using about 6-8 words regularly: Mama, Daddy, no, dog, hi, bye bye, night night, and yeah.
• Walks backward – Absolutely.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
• Scribbles with a crayon – You are getting better and better with crayons and enjoy coloring.
• Runs – Getting better and better. You can run for a while, but you do sometimes trip in between.
• Adopts “no” as his favorite word – “No” is a staple word in our house. I would also say that “dog” is a close second.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
• “Helps” around the house – Yes, you “help” Mommy by giving me items to be folded from the laundry basket or by picking up pieces of dog food and feeding it to the dogs. Much of what you do throughout the day is mimicking Mommy.
• Puts his fingers to his mouth and says “shhh” – No, not “shhhh,” but you will blow kisses and say “muah!”