Didn’t I just write your 15 month post yesterday? No? Well, then here is you 16 month post.
You have been quite the social butterfly in March! The annual Pool Party in NJ, Parade weekend, play dates, and of course the couple of warm days that we had this month! We strolled to Dairy Queen for a quick baby sundae one day, played with bubbles, and played at the park.
On March 24, you had your very first cold and ear infection (left ear) since last Spring! I guess that the hand washing and shopping cart covers have been doing their jobs. 🙂 With a quick trip to the doctor, we got your antibiotics, and within 24 hours, you were back to your happy self. After 5 days of antibiotics, your congestion in your chest was gone and you were just about 100% better. What a blessing you are to be a quick healer and a healthy boy!
Other than continuing to grow like a weed, you have been keeping your lean and long body busy.
16 Months Old on April 9, 2011
Clothing: You are still wearing 18-24 months clothing, and a few things are size 2T.
Shoes: You are now a toddler size 6! (3 weeks ago, you were a size 5!)
Diapers: Size 4 all day and all night. We did order and assembled your new potty for when we begin potty training this summer!
Teeth count: 4 molars and 8 other front teeth. You are working on your incisors.
Favorite foods: You have officially begun the picky stage of toddlerhood with foods. One day, you may love Cheerio’s in milk, but you won’t eat them if Mommy feeds them to you, only if Grammy does. A steadfast and true item that you never refuse are the Happy Tot pouches. We keep those around the house at all times.
Favorite toys: Grammy bought you a golf set and wooden blocks about a week ago and they are continuing to be some of your favorite toys. You enjoy stacking the blocks and knocking them over or putting them in a line.
You have learned to: Open the swing gate leading into the back room at Grammy’s house. You only do it occasionally, but you still love to break free.
Words you are saying: No, hi, PopPop, bye bye, Mama, Daddy, Dada, Gee (Grammy), Wow… (15 months) Some new words are: duck, Gidgi (Grammy), pup, and Kay for Kate.
Sleeping: Still going to bed at 8 p.m. and recently have been waking up at 7:30 a.m.
Naps: Around 15 1/2 months, you dropped your morning nap. Now, you typically go down around 11:30/Noon and sleep until 2:30 or 3:00.
Accomplishments: You have begun to follow simple directions and are obeying more when we tell you “No.” Walking backwards and walking and dropping to your knees are two new favorite “tricks.”
16 month stats: (from sick visit)
Weight: 24 pounds
Height: 31.5 inches
The doctor said that you are a tall and healthy boy! He also said that you would make for a great baseball player.
Here are the BabyCenter Milestone Stats:
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
• Turns the pages of a book – Has been doing this for about 2 months now. He is learning patience in the process as I read the book and tell him that it is now time to turn the page.
• Has temper tantrums when frustrated – Oh yes. How could I forget?! Tantrums happen about once or twice a day. Frustration is common around here when you won’t sign for what you want.
• Becomes attached to a soft toy or other object – The blankie comes everywhere with us. You love to play with it between your fingers and bring it downstairs for cuddles after you wake up. We have 2 backup blankies just in case. You also continue to love Charles, your bear. Charles also has a smaller version and a backup version.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
• Discovers the joy of climbing – Oh yes, you have been climbing on EVERYTHING. The bumps and bruises don’t seem to slow you down either. I keep trying to convince Daddy that we need to get you your own Pottery Barn chair, but to no avail.
• Stacks three blocks – Yes, you have stacked up to 5 blocks or 5 cups.
• Uses spoon or fork – You are better with a fork than a spoon, but are improving more and more. Occasionally, you get frustrated and just use your fingers, but we are working on that.
• Learns the correct way to use common objects (e.g., the telephone) – Ah, the phone! You love our iPhones and your own little phones. And Grammy’s cordless phone is a favorite.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
• Takes off one piece of clothing by himself – You remove your socks constantly. We have also just began hiding them.
• Gets finicky about food – You know what you want to eat, but no one else has a clue, so its mostly me running and finding something else that you are willing to eat.
• Switches from two naps to one – At 15.5 months, you dropped your morning nap. Mommy is still crying over that one.
Mommy and Daddy are looking forward to seeing what is coming in your 16th month. We love you, now and forever.