We are just moving and grooving along with this pregnancy. I recall each week during my pregnancy with Jack taking for-ev-er to move along and this one, before I know it is already into the next week!
I am still not feeling completely 100%, but I have my great moments. Chris, Jack and the rest of my family are convinced that I am having a girl, which would be wonderful, but another boy would be too! I don’t feel one way or another that it is a boy or a girl. I can say that this pregnancy is much different than my previous pregnancy, but I expected that.
Jack is beginning to talk about the baby and give the baby kisses, which I love! He told a woman tonight in Target that he now sleeps in a big boy bed (Yes! Last week he started!) and that there is a baby in Mommy’s belly. Although my belly is blossoming, it makes it feel even more real when Jack talks about the baby and being a big brother.
Aside from the pregnancy, this week will be my first time back to work since right before Christmas, so I am sure the next few weeks are going to be insane with work and things to be done. My boss will be in the office next week, so I have much to prepare for that!
And keeping with New Year’s traditions, I made a few (minor) resolutions this year:
1. Be more patient
2. Stop using foul language (all of the time!)
3. Make a very conscious effort to cook more at home and serve my family healthy meals
That’s about it. I’m starting a list of projects that I would like to complete during my maternity leave this coming summer as well, but I am not going to pressure myself into too much to keep the focus on my two little ones.
16 Week Questions:
Belly Button in or out? In. We still have a ways before that happens
Wedding rings on or off? On. I wore them my entire pregnancy last time and will again this time.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Still moody. Small things set me off, which is very unlike my pregnancy with Jack.
It’s a boy if:
- You didn’t experience morning sickness in early pregnancy.- Well, we all know this answer: Yes, I did!
- Your baby’s heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute.- Typically about 163-165bpm at appointments and ultrasounds.
- You are carrying the extra weight out front.- I lost about 19lbs, so I guess it is out front?
- Your belly looks like a basketball.- Yes
- Your areolas have darkened considerably.- Umm, not that I have noticed.
- You are carrying low.- Still growing, but feeling like I am in the middle
- You are craving salty or sour foods.- No.
- You are craving protein — meats and cheese.– Hell no. Both make me queasy.
- Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy.- No idea.
- The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy.- No clue. Don’t shave as often in the winter.
- Your hands are very dry.– Eh, sometimes, but I’m chalking it up to winter skin.
- Your pillow faces north when you sleep.– My pillow is horizontal, not vertical.
- Dad-to-be is gaining weight right along with you.– Yes, but he is chalking it up to the holidays.
- Pregnancy has you looking better than ever.- According to the hubs, yes.
- Your urine is bright yellow in color.- No. Barely any color.
- Your nose is spreading.- God, I hope not.
- You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles.- No, back and forth.
- You are having headaches.- Yes!
- You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number.- No, it is an odd number.
It’s a girl if:
- You had morning sickness early in pregnancy.- Absolutely.
- Your baby’s heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute.- Yes
- You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear.- Again, not sure because of the weight loss.
- Your left breast is larger than your right breast.– No idea.
- Your hair develops red highlights.-My hair is red, so it is hard to say.
- You are carrying high.– Middle-ish
- Your belly looks like a watermelon.-Kinda?
- You are craving sweets.- YES!
- You are craving fruit.- Yes.
- You crave orange juice.- Do I ever!
- You don’t look quite as good as normal during pregnancy.– No idea.
- You are moodier than usual during pregnancy.- Absolutely!
- Your face breaks out more than usual.- Can you say connect the dots?
- You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread.- No. Ate one tonight.
- Your breasts have really blossomed!- They are always big. What’s the difference?!
- Your pillow faces south when you sleep.- Horizontal.
- Your urine is a dull yellow color.– Yes.
- You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side to side.- Yes.
- You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number.- Yes- 39.